XMLHttpRequest POST request on Gecko

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 26 01:34:37 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 19:50, Stephen Allen wrote:
> On 25/10/2006 Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> > And an idea: I would believe that the future, possibly not so
> > distant, will
> > bring even a something more clever and powerful: communicating by
> > JavaScript
> > with remote databases directely, without the need to connect to HTTP
> > server
> > between. Not easy to do? Security concerns? Not so much really. The
> > only
> > condition is that an application is really well thought
>
> No kidding - That's what Flex is all about, it's here now. :)

I am quite impressed. But not entirely. Ajax is free, Flex is not. And Flex
produces Flash files, not web pages. The direction in which Adobe
(Macromedia) goes does not surprise - even earlier versions of Flash (around
3, certainly 4) had a way to communicate with HTTP server, retrieve data, and
display accordingly. Still, it seems, Flex communicates through HTTP server?

zb.