MythTV install workshop?

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 25 20:55:06 UTC 2006

Oh wow, KnoppMyth is still only 0.19? I'd almost say not to bother with
KnoppMyth then. 0.20 is much better. Some teething pains perhaps, but well
worth it. Ubuntu Dapper + MythTV is relatively painless. The actual Ubuntu
MythTV packages are stuck way back at 0.18, but there are third-party repo's
for Dapper that feature 0.20 and work well. They're actually maintained by
the guy who's got 0.20 into the next release of Edgy.

There is only one outstanding bug that I've encountered that affects some
(not all) nvidia users. It's documented here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2448

There are some very handy guides for Ubuntu + MythTV installs on the web,
and I've done the whole thing start to finish in 3 hours, including updating
all the Ubuntu packages (167 updated packages last time I re-installed).