MythTV install workshop?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 25 18:10:45 UTC 2006

On 25/10/06, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I spoke to David Patrick down at Linuxcaffe this
> morning, and we are going to go with a KnoppMyth
> install event starting Sunday November 5th, 11:00 AM -
> to say 3:00 PM. This will be at Linuxcaffe 326 Harbord
> Street (nearest subway stop is Christie, about a 10
> minute walk away). The focus of this will be to do a
> hands on event, doing actual installs. Now here is
> hoping that we don't get say 50 people showing up at
> this as Linuxcaffe is a small place... If you do want
> to be at this installfest please e-mail me so if it
> looks like we will be short on space we can start
> making alternate plans.

I went to post the event on our website calendar, and now see that the
Ruby programmers will be having their first-Sunday-of-the-month
meeting from 1pm-3pm.
Now we /have/ had events and user groups happily coincide, but I
suspect this MythTV magic will warrant completely overtaking the shop.
Do we pick another date/ time ?

the calendar is here
http://www.linuxcaffe.ca/event
and I would be open to going beyond our normal hours
http://www.linuxcaffe.ca/hours
It's something we've wanted to do since forever,
and can accommodate with power, connectivity and projector
what'ya think ?

also,
who can bring their video camera ?

djp