XMLHttpRequest POST request on Gecko

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 25 16:26:05 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Isn't XMLHttpRequest what gmail uses for it's communications?

They do. It is however not easy to get into their JavaScript code ;)

Which is btw an interesting aspect of programming in Ajax. Now it is
possible to hide well the data displayed on web sites and for instance
disable mass downloads by robots, etc, or stiealing valuable information ;)

> remember that working on IE and firefox (which I think is gecko based)
> while not working on opera for a long time (not sure if it does now).
> Or am I thinking of some other XML thingy?

Opera for a long tme missed proper support for *XMLHttpRequest . I would
believe it is working now properly with gmail. In general, Opera is  nice
browser and they care a lot there to have it close to well established
standards.

zb.
*