MythTV install workshop?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 24 16:19:19 UTC 2006

On 24/10/06, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Question,
>
> Would there be any interest in doing some sort of a
> MythTV install workshop?
I can tell you with certainty, that linux PVRs (and specifically
MythTV) is a hot topic.
I know that several regulars have expressed interest/ frustrations/
desire to give such a workshop.
> My idea is we could get
> together at some location and do a hands on look at
> building a dedicated MythTV box.
hmmm.. but WHERE ?
;-)

> My not-so-hidden agenda being that I am writing an
> article on KnoppMyth, which makes the set-up/install
> of a dedicated MythTV box fairly painless. In other
> words I am looking for some test subjects to see if I
> can beak this down to a new user level... Basic idea
> would be, bring in a PC and get help turning it into a
> MythTV box...
Sound great, and I'd like to videotape it, edit it, and podcast it.

when ?

djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
www.linuxcaffe.ca