open source on dotto tech and g4-tech

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 24 05:49:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> I asked Dotto why he never mentioned Linux on his show. He said he'd be
> glad to as soon as Linux paid him to do so.

> Yeah, that was how he said it. As if "Linux" was a company.

> The conversation didn't go very well after that. I think he'd taken exception
> to my use of the phrase "media whore".

Rotfl :)

I was as a high performance computing conference today and someone
actually said words very close to "how can something without monetary
value be worth anything".  This was infact in reference to a CA service
being provided free within accademia but the implications for OSS stood
out to most people in the room.  It was an interesting experience to watch
most of the people in the room turn their head and look at him with a
variety of expressions.  No one said a word :)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073