open source on dotto tech and g4-tech

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 24 01:43:06 UTC 2006

Teddy David Mills wrote:
> i do not been watching the computer shows, dotto tech or g4 regularly.
> marcel gagne is a semi regular on which one of these shows?

I had the fortune to exchange views with Steve Dotto about two years
ago, while we were both waiting to be interviewed on CP24's "HomePage"
segment.

I asked Dotto why he never mentioned Linux on his show. He said he'd be
glad to as soon as Linux paid him to do so.

Yeah, that was how he said it. As if "Linux" was a company.

The conversation didn't go very well after that. I think he'd taken
exception to my use of the phrase "media whore".

Thanks to that conversation Dotto's shows have all been, to me, nothing
but infomercials.

OTOH, Marcel has been a semi-regular on G4's "Call for Help":
http://tuxspot.blogspot.com/2006/04/marcel-gagne-on-call-for-help.html

- Evan