Sickening shilling for MS by Ontario privacy commissioner

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 20 20:47:13 UTC 2006

On 20/10/06, CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I agree. Even if this was a Microsoft specific technology, which it
> isn't, Microsoft employs some of the most notable computer scientists
> on the planet so they are bound to have a few good ideas now and
> then.

So let me see if I got this right;
If the Ontario's privacy commissioner manages to have us all adopt
privacy and security measures based on Windows Vista unproven
technologies, while allowing the Redmond team to inject proprietary
versions of existing security methods, that will only run on Vista
(and the very new hardware it requires) and passing the brunt of the
provinces secure authentication transactions to a private company
across the border.. you're OK with that ?

 If Microsoft does something right, the Linux fan boys still
> attack Microsoft because in their minds, Microsoft has to fail in
> order for Linux to succeed.
I'm a card carrying linux fanboy because many years ago I realized I
was being jerked around by the worlds largest software companies whose
only goal was Global Lock-in and perpetual payment for unnecessary
upgrades. I jumped on the linux bandwagon back when the desktop was
still flaky, but I recognised that it was the last stronghold of
software freedom, and by extension, personal freedom.

> For Linux to become a mainstream
> operating system on the desktop, it needs to earn its place on its
> merits, not just because Windows is supposedly so bad.
LInux IS on the road to mainstream adoption based on it's technical
merits, but I get my "back up" when I see one of the worlds richest
companies foist its products on me and my government through back-room
deals. Do you think that if they are allowed to re-engineer "core
internet technologies", and impose province wide (or Canada wide)
proprietary (ie. closed source) security methods, that any other
software will be allowed survive such an ecosystem ? c'mon, their
quest for world domination continues, and I'll have none of it !
djp
djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
www.linuxcaffe.ca
geek chic and caffe cachet