Brit warships sail under wind(ows). Canadian subs too ?

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 18 21:40:24 UTC 2006

Wonderful news, I do not know how I missed this at the
time (so the scenarios where WWIII is started by a
script kiddie who infects a computer with a trojan
were not fiction after all, then):

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/06/ams_goes_windows_for_warships/

Peter

PS: I have a great idea for a business proposal: Make
computer crash antivirus/survival kits for the navy
(-ies?), including a long oar supplied telescoped, in
case removal of a virus and reinstall of a critical
system fails at sea. The advanced kit would be for
administrators, and provide a tom-tom drum to help
keep the oars in cadence.The equivalent submarine kit
would  provide an extra 5 minute oxygen bottle for the
survival rebreather and a tiny bible instead of oars
and tom-tom.