quotas and block size

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 18 19:53:06 UTC 2006

I have a Redhat AS3 system.  The / file system has a block size of
4096k:
# tune2fs -l /dev/sda1|grep "Block size"
Block size: 4096

I want to set a quota of 300MB.  I calculate that that is 75 blocks.  I
set this using edquota:
Disk quotas for user nhwatson (uid 502):
Filesystem   blocks       soft       hard     inodes soft     hard
/dev/sda1      36         60         75         10    0        0

This is a new system.  I cannot be using 148MB (4096k x 36).  However I
am using 36k:
# du -sh /home/nhwatson
36K /home/nhwatson

Are the blocks in quotas bytes of blocks?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 10 days