Demo versions in Debian non-free (was: is Open Office Ready for University)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 17 14:12:25 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:07:54PM -0400, John McGregor wrote:
>
> My sister is doing courses at seneca, and part of the program involves
> learning various ms office applications, so in her case actually buying
> the student edition of ms office did make some sense, especially since I
> think it was about $100 at seneca.

You may not have known MS offers a free time-limited beta version of
Office 2007. And, if I recall correctly, there is also a free 90-day
trial version of Office 2003. The download is about 500 MB.

Obligatory Linux reference: Do time-limited trial versions of software
belong in Debian/Ubuntu's "non-free" sections? Do you think it is
likely Ubuntu would be willing to modify its "Add/Remove Programs"
tool to offer a time-limited trial of Crossover Office plus MS Office?

Please CC me,
Jason

--
When you open Windows, bugs get in.