reiserfs

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 13 15:55:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:43:10AM -0400, Dave Bour wrote:
> So my reason for originally going REISERfs was the online resize since it seemed I was constantly expanding the raid. Does ext3 now support it?

With a recent kernel, and an ext3 prepared for online resizing, yes it
does apparently.  I have not tried it myself since my filesystems were
created before this was an option and hence not currently prepared for
it.  I think tune2fs or something has the option required to modify the
filesystem to support online resizing.  Might be a mount option.  I
forget.  It has to do some change to the inode table layout to allow
changing the size while mounted.

--
Len Sorensen