Women in Open Source?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 11 20:09:45 UTC 2006

I have received a green light from the editor of Tux
Magazine to do a series of articles on people in the
Linux/open source community that the newcomers to the
field likely don't know, but ought to. In short order
I was able to put together a list of 24 names (i.e. 2
years worth of articles). On that list of names there
was one woman, Pamela Jones of groklaw.net fame. Now,
I would like the list to have at least a few more
women and I am looking for ideas.

The women in question have to have had (and/or are
having) a significant impact on Linux and/or open
source, and would have to be someone who could do a
short e-mailed interview.

Thanks.

Colin McGregor