Prison for Bill

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 10 23:36:00 UTC 2006

> It's not likely going to happen. Groklaw (http://www.groklaw.net/) has
> the Larry Goldfarb declaration. On its face it would appear to be quite
> damaging, but Microsoft has issued a statement disavowing Mr. Goldfarb's
> claims. While for most of us any claim by Microsoft is suspect, Mr.
> Goldfarb doesn't exhibit the stellar reputation one would want in a star
> witness
> (http://wallstfolly.typepad.com/wallstfolly/2006/04/baystars_larry_.html)
> and may actually serve to reinforce Microsoft's stance in the court's eye.

Why would Goldfarb invest tens of millions of dollars in SCO on the
strength of a *verbal* promise from someone Microsoft? This story reminds
me of an acquaintance who recounted that he was doing some sort of dope
deal, and the dealer had said 'Give me the money today, I'll give you the
stuff tomorrow.' Guess what happened.

So Microsoft says to this guy, invest 50 Mil today and we'll back you up
tomorrow. Nothing in writing, just our word on it. Hmmn.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto