Japan's Telephone system

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 10 15:22:10 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 11:07, Madison Kelly wrote:

> It *should* be okay. A friend of mine bought an Apple laptop here and
> moved back to Japan with it (though she might be on broadband). Another
> friend bought her laptop in Japan and uses it on dial-up here in Canada
> no problem.

Thanks Madison, with that I'll plunk down the $$ and get it on its way.  A
chap there can't get his Winmodem to work at the same speed in Linux as it
does in Windows.  Conextant want $20 US for new Linux drivers which may work
better.

I've suggested that a Hardware modem is the best way to go.  Broadband there
is prohibitively expensive and even his dialup is $10 US a month for 4 hours.
$6 an hour over that.

Cheers

--
Merv Curley