Perl security question/RFC

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 5 23:36:29 UTC 2006

Madison Kelly wrote:
>   So then, my question is, what is the most secure, *reasonable* way to
> let a perl program execute commands as root?
[snip]
>   Comments? Suggestions? Problems? Possible weaknesses?

AFAICR, the majordomo mailing list program was Perl based and required some
root priveleges to run. It had a C wrapper that was used to invoke the Perl
program.

I would suggest you get a copy of majordomo and see what it did to let you run
the Perl program with higher priveleges.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: