webdav and spreadsheets

dave morton dmortondc-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 5 02:18:05 UTC 2006

we use a linux/apache webdav server for group calendaring. The calendars
work great (some folks are using sunbird and some are using the firefox
calendar extension to access the site) All is smooth, no problems.

anyone know of a product which can do basic spreadsheets? i guess it would
have to use xml or some similar voodoo in order to manipulate the data live.

openoffice.org and microsoft 2003 have very limited and very early
functionality, sort of heading in this direction.

webdav appears to be the direction that distributed computing is going when
it comes to accessing remote file sytems. our clendars are very resposnsive
because they are flat  files, very compact text files so the client side
does all the graphical beautification

i can't see anything on sourceforge, but maybe i am not asking the right
questions

thx dave