Linux in Education

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 4 02:20:10 UTC 2006

Thank you Andrew. I guess we are only talking about FOSS and education as only
concerned citizens which happen to be a little more educated on FOSS and its
potential benefits.

The meeting went well tonight and I want to thank everybody who came in or who
shared their interest with us, either physically or in this list. Tonight, we
spent time to know about each others and to exchange on our backgrounds,
experiences and interests. There is definitely a strong concern for good
education in tech -we discussed problem solving as a core learning activity,
what language and strategies are appropriate, and about software of course.
But also there is a community willing to support the educational process and
we heard about very interesting projects tonight.

We felt the need to meet again and we also adopted Evan's proposition to
continue the communication online. Everybody's welcome to jump in.
If I get some time, I'd like to set up a wiki and may be somebody could take
care of the IRC.

Have a good night TLUGers!