Linux in Education

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 3 06:50:07 UTC 2006

Marc Lijour wrote:
> Good suggestion Evan. Do you have a suggestion for a particular IRC channel?

How hard is it to create one? I'll ask around. The worst case scenario
is that we hold it in the existing TLUG area  (#toronto-lug at freenet)
-- heaven knows it's not exactly high traffic most of the time.

> I also think that a first meeting face to face is a good thing. We will survey everybody's interests to define precisely what we want to address.

OK. Sorry I can't be there; I have a board meeting of my local
neighbourhood association (www.villageatyork.ca). This has been planned
for some time, and we're doing prep for an all-candidates meeting (which
I'm moderating) in prep for the coming municipal election.

Don't forget to vote, and know your trustee candidates' stances on
technology diversity.

BTW, at your meeting don't forget to try David's hot chocolate.
> In the future on-line communication will serve us well, I am sure. And we want  you in ;-)

I'll be there if I can.

- Evan