At the US border

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 2 20:50:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:26:02 -0400
James Knott got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> Well, he's the sort who thinks it OK to pirate software.

Just playin' Devil's Advocate here, but a lot of people might think that even
as pirating software, since you do not have the DVD's permission to do so.

I don't think the line can be drawn as clearly as people might think when it
comes to F/OSS. AFAICT, it seems to be very much a clash between two completely
different philosophies regarding the definition of 'ownership'. I also don't
think we've quite worked out the new meaning of 'property' in a world where such
concepts are not quite as cut and dried as they used to be.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046