freenas and rsync

Teddy David Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 2 04:56:55 UTC 2006

http://www.freenas.org/
http://www.serverelements.com/index.php
http://www.openfiler.com/

i have been using freenas for a few days now, and will try openfiler and
naslite in the next few days.
i have put 60GB of files on the primary freenas , and maintain a backup
on a secondary freenas.
i setup rsync to run once a day. so i only have to power up the
secondary freenas 10 minutes prior to the scheduled backup (midnight)
(no sense in having 2 duplicate NAS servers running)

BSD is quick in booting up!  freenas seems to take about 60 to 75
seconds to loadup.
rsync is amazing.  I only wish I started using rsync like 5 years ago.
did it exist 5 years ago?