How to tell if an ethernet card is working at gigabyte

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 29 23:16:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

           I have a gigabyte  nVidia Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller
(rev a3) controller.. its loading the forcedeth driver.. However i dont know
if its at 1 gigabyte because ethtool does not work correctly.

           Is there anyway to see if linux is properly supporting it?
           I  guess I could try transferring a file.. but I wouldn't want to
do that, the switch is reporting it with 1000...

            Here is my dmesg output related to eth0 that i can see:

forcedeth.c: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version 0.56.
forcedeth: using HIGHDMA

            eth0: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 01043:81d3 bound to 0000:00:13.0