How best to debug a crash?

Joseph Kubik shrike-3aB5TwEFUAhAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 27 06:13:47 UTC 2006

 On Mon Nov 27  0:50 , JoeHill  sent:
>On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:11:14 -0500
>Jamon Camisso got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:
>
>> RESUB
>
>I always heard it 'Raising Skinny Elephants etc.'
>
>Would you not want to try to sync the filesystems before sending a term signal
>to all running processes?
>
>--
>JoeHill / RLU #282046

What's in the end of /var/log/messages, var/log/secure, etc ?
Does it happen after the same amount of uptime?
I  often suggest running top in batch mode to a file, from a daily cron so that you have the last 24 hours of system perf data before any crash.

-Joseph-
---- This message was sent via a demo version of  - http://atmail.com/--