OT: Solaris 10 stuff...

James McIntosh jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 26 13:14:13 UTC 2006

At 10:47 PM 2006/11/24 -0500, you wrote:
>Of possible interest, if you want to see how the other
>side lives, you may want to check out the Sun who are
>offering (as a freebie) copies of Solaris 10 and the
>Sun Studio Software Media Kit for SPARC plus X86
>platforms on DVD. The details/hoops to jump through
>can be seen here:
>
>   www2.sun.de/dc/forms/reg_us_2211_391.jsp
>
>Yes, I have ordered a copy... Next question being can
>I get the hardware together to run it at home (I
>assume it will not run on my Sun Sparc IPX box :-( ).
>

>Colin McGregor

I received the DVD at a different computer club's meeting a little over a
month ago.

At the New TLUG meeting in the Seneca at York building, I asked you how it
compared to Linux.

I still have not installed it.

I am too timid.

When I was in high school, I was one of the first in my town of 2000 to buy
a tape recorder.

Now, I have become anything but a pioneer.

Please tell me your experiences of Sun Solaris 10, and your impressions on
how it compares to UNIX, Linux, or whatever you have exposure to.

Jim McIntosh   <jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>