What to do with .flv files?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 24 05:05:07 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:53:43 -0500
JoeHill got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> This actually worked fairly well, clip wasn't long enough to see if the sound
> drifted, but the sound was kinda choppy in MPlayer. Line after line of this
> from MPlayer:
>
> alsa-space: xrun of at least 0.077 msecs. resetting stream0.9% 10 0 30%
>
> However, Xine plays it without any complaints. Weird.

...even stranger, Tovid, which uses mplayer (mencoder?) by default for
reencoding (can use ffmpeg, much faster), spit out a relatively high quality mpg
(720X480), no choppy sound, no sync probs.

I think my sound-card setup (in re ALSA) is a bit screwy :-\

Hmmm. Snag enough of these and I could make a DVD of them all, with
thumbnails...

Like I have spare time... ;-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046