What to do with .flv files?

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 23 03:37:21 UTC 2006

I think this is "google video" format, and it's giving me headaches.

I have the win32 and a bunch of other codecs loaded.

Kaffeine and Xine will play the files' video but not audio.
Mplayer will play video and audio it but won't recognize FLVs as video
files.
ffmpeg says it recognizes the format but gives me errors when I try to
convert flv files to mpg.

Does anyone here have suggestions on
1) how to get xine to play the video
2) how to get ffmpeg (or any other tool) to convert them to another format

Thanks!

- Evan