too many phone books!

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 21 21:14:31 UTC 2006

paul,

made some progress here; I can now discover and bind to the phone
successfully from my compuuter.  I've also found a veyr short howto
which suggests using multsync to sync the phone to evolution (that would
be great for me if itworked).  I started up multisync and it too can
find the phone, but it looks for what it calls a "sync channel" on the
phone, and doesn's see one -- the precise output is "no IRMC sync
channel found".

using sdptool, I foulnd a way to list the channels on a device
(sdptool browse phone-mac-address) and discovered that in fact there
seems to be no such channel.  so I'm wondering whether you had to enter
a sync channel from isync and if so what number you're using.

you're right, if I had macos I'd be hard=pressed to fill up my empty
days...

matt