Q9 Networks

Tue Nov 21 18:38:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 01:19:23PM -0500, Byron Sonne wrote:

>In a forum I hang out on, a company called Q9 networks (q9.com) was
>mentioned. Allegedly 6 years old.

That sounds about right.  I knew the guy who helped them get set up, and
he talked about establishing their name and first data centre in the
fall of 2000.  He was proud of them name, coming from the phrase "four
nines" of uptime.

>Is anyone familiar with them? Are they a 'new' company or did they arise
>out of the remainder of an old one, or a merger & aquisition, etc?

I know a few people who have used them for high-availability websites -
they spoke of a space with intense physical security.  As I
understand it, they have a high-bandwidth non-Bell trunk directly to
Chicago, giving them one of the truly redundant connections in Toronto.
This may be a myth, however - I have no firsthand knowledge.
--

yours,

William