The time has come

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 20 21:55:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:56:51 +0000 (UTC)
Peter P. got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> As far as I am concerned, there is now one IT company too many. I am sorry.

Why sorry? If anything, feel sorry that so many of us were willing to try to
work out some kind of liveable solution, and it's been thrown back in our face
at every turn.

Feel sorry that people were willing to give Gates and Co the benefit of the
doubt, and accept the fact that we just had to live with this, etc., and yet
still M$ will not back off.

Feel sorry that we didn't do what should have been done a long time ago: shut
them down. No courts (they clearly don't work), no regulations (M$ ignores them
anyway), we just make the M$ products so egregiously difficult to use on the
'Net that people can simply no longer afford to use their products.

Remember who M$ is attacking with this statement: SysAdmins the world over,
steeped to the bone in F/OSS, and with the keys to the whole freakin'
infrastructure, have just been told by M$ that *they* are *thieves*.

It would be funny if one day, all of a sudden, no Windows computer in the World
was able to connect to the 'Net. Very, very, very, very, very, very funny.

Evil? No. 'That's how you get Capone.' ;-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046