EMACS and Lisp

Angelina Carlton brat-J4oS66wZXds at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 20 19:10:09 UTC 2006

Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:51:19AM -0500, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
>> 1.  Can I get Emacs to run in a terminal?  When ever I launch it, it
>> opens up a separate window, which doesn't work for me when I am logged
>> in remotely.

> Well as long as your copy of emacs is compiled to support terminals in
> addition to X then it should work fine in just a terminal.  xemacs of
> course does not.

xemacs actually does run in terminals.
http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/xemacs-faq_2.html#SEC17

some good info on the differences between the two can be found on the
emacs wiki
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsAndXEmacs

William, I should add the emacs wiki is also fantastic starting place if
you should choose to learn more about emacs:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki#SiteMap1

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net