NFS problem

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 17 17:20:47 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Our company is using Redhat Enterprise Linux. Recently there are some strange errors happed. The details is below:

Setup:
One network file system mounted on our server is rsync from one of the other business unit every night. The network file system contains all the tool config files.  The rsync is done at night.

Problem:
 Some times not very often, the client computers on our network can not start tools  because the above network file system is stale. In order to solve the problem, the client computers has to be reboot for client user.

Could any body tell me what cause this problem and is there another way to solve this problem in stead of reboot the computer.
Thanks
hui

http://mail.yahoo.com