OT: Rogers DNS

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 14 14:46:27 UTC 2006

Hi all,
Has anyone noticed some odd DNS propagation issues with Rogers? I'm a
web publisher, and lately, when I've moved domains to a different
server, Rogers will update accordingly... but then, without warning
switch back to the old server. This happened most recently with my
personal domain, vegh.ca. To illustrate:

prior to the change:

odysseus:~ aaron$ dig vegh.ca

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> vegh.ca
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;vegh.ca.                       IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
vegh.ca.                7687    IN      A       82.165.169.31

then late yesterday (as reported from another machine in Montreal, but
this is what it looked like on my host in Rogers' network):

[aaron at cl-t011-030cl ~]$ dig vegh.ca

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> vegh.ca
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;vegh.ca.                       IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
vegh.ca.                14400   IN      A       64.15.152.6

and now this morning, it's back to the first result.

This is the second or third time I've seen this behaviour from Rogers.
I've called their tech support about it, but without result. Anyone
else seen this behaviour, or have an explanation for it?

Cheers,
Aaron.