FYI: Ballmer on Novell, Linux and patents (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 17 19:56:52 UTC 2006

"the fact that that product uses our patented intellectual property is a
problem for our shareholders. We spend $7 billion a year on R&D, our
shareholders expect us to protect or license or get economic benefit
from our patented innovations. So how do we somehow get the appropriate
economic return for our patented innovation, and how do we do
interoperability." -- Steve Ballmer

Sounds like SCO (a crock) all over again. I'd like to see postings of
the code which he is referring...since it is freely available 'open
source' after all.

RickT

"Replacing desktops one PC at a time"
http://www.TorontoNUI.ca