Microsoft/Novell

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 8 20:28:36 UTC 2006

ted leslie wrote:
> I am submitting patents now, I know something about the system, and have
> seen the pathetic things that have been patented, but in working with
> the lawyers, i got my education.

Half the fun was learning to write/speak patent-ese. Damn near any
common practise can be made to sound like you had a stroke of genius, as
you hope the world can fathom the major societal shifts made possible by
the inspiration that you (and nobody else) would ever think of.

Of course the lawyers are very encouraging; they (as a group) have a
vested interest in a patent system that makes it easy to file stupid
ones but requires difficult and lengthy litigation to prove them stupid.

> First of all you can patent just about anything,

But the certificate is really pretty.

Evan Leibovitch
co-inventor of US patent 5,597,117