Help Printer sharing Ubuntu -> FC4

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 9 20:07:03 UTC 2006

"Um... You really should >ASK< if i restarted the service rather than
assuming I didn't!"

I agree. I meant "may be" than "is". On the other hand, what matters was the info on the directive than the "is" and "may be".

EK

"Lance F. Squire" <lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote: E K wrote:
> The reason that removing the line
> did not have effect is that the configuration file has to be reloaded.
> You can restart cups with
>      /etc/init.d/cupsd restart
>
> after making the configuration change.
> EK

Um... You really should >ASK< if i restarted the service rather than
assuming I didn't!

I always restart the service after editing the config files.

have reversed the Deny/Allow order and remed the 'Deny All' line.

Test prints clame to be getting through, though the gui still lists the
printer as 'Destination printer does not exist!'

Lance F. Squire