Yet more mindless self promotion

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 8 04:50:28 UTC 2006

JoeHill wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:00:22 -0500
> Jamon Camisso got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:
>
>>> Any chance that would run on a P4 2.6, 512 DDR, w/ NVidia GeForce 4 Ti?
>>>
>>> Doom 3 is a stretch... :-\
>>>
>> I've run it on less. Nothing like running it at 1280x1024 natively though :p
>
> Well, from the sounds of it, an upgrade is in order. I'm currently fighting to
> get HL2 to work with..well...anything (latest Wine, Cedega, cvscedega, etc.),
> and I think the problem is my card. Quake 4 would be a good excuse to upgrade
> the card anyway, regardless of whether it solves my HL2 issues ($%@#$@#$
> Steam!!! Man that's a pain in the arse...).
>
> Thanks for the replies, $60 doesn't sound like a whole lot to get that much
> more performance.
>
> When I first got my GF4 Ti, it was $350! :-\

Having problems with CS:S myself, it runs for a few minutes then locks up hard.
Wine, Cedega, doesn't matter. I waited on my old Ti4200 until it was down to
$250, and quite a deal it was.

Got a friend with a 6600 GT who is moving to Dominican Republic in a week or
two, he's parting out his system. He paid $150 for it I think, likely will want
less than $100 if you are interested. Worth the upgrade for sure, esp. for the
price. AGP right?

Jamon