Best Laptop for Linux

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 7 04:52:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:17:28 -0500
Alex Maynard <amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Since I'm in the market for a laptop, I thought I'd revive an old thread.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had experience (good or bad) with
> emperorlinux.com?

Alex,

   I bought an Acer Aspire 3620 with something called Linpus Linux on it.  Linpus turned out to be nothing more than a command line.  I installed FC3, which mostly worked.  Then, I installed FC5 which completely works.  I have since increased the RAM form 256MB to around 750MB, which improves the performance of the machine considerably.

   My only complaint so far is that the "mouse" button is incredibly sensitive, and seems to activate on its own.  I have to be careful when I read email, or it deletes stuff I want to keep.  This may be a mechanical problem, and I may take it back to the store for a look.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org