GPL Porn Filter

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 7 00:34:47 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 19:23, William Park wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 01:42:11AM -0500, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> > Does anyone know a good GPL/LGPL/FLOSS network Porn Filter solution?
> > I am setting up a network at my daughter's pre-school and I need to have
> > some content filtering service.
>
> Take a look at your history file, and parse out all the domains.  Then,
> put them into 'named.conf'. :-)

;)

Or find out all urls from cached files from one session of online viewing ;)
Very easy to do by using grep. Perhaps a work for 5 minutes..

Anyway, the issue is interesting. Someone suggested to put the computer in a
living room. Certainly that's the best solution at home. But the question was
if I remember well about school, not home. At school they will expect a
"mechanical" solution to the problem. Besides, they probably have no
willingness so much and human resources to view cached files and talk with
kids..

zb.