Best Laptop for Linux

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 6 23:48:28 UTC 2006

Hi Ian,

Thanks very much for sharing your experiences with Emperor Linux. I'm also
looking for a desk top replacement that works reliably on linux without
much set up cost. I bought my current desktop directly from Dell with
Redhat pre-installed. At the time, they had one high-end notebook with a
Redhat option, but I don't find that any more. I'm a bit nervous buying it
direct from Dell without some version of linux pre-installed, because I
don't want to risk incompatibilities, particularly on a laptop.
Buying from Emperor linux at least insures basic linux compatibility, but
they seem to have a reasonably high mark up given your experience. I
wonder if there are other good reliable alternatives?

Alex