NEW DVD burner and still only 5.9X !! anyone getting better

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 6 21:13:57 UTC 2006

I had the right cable,
i tried it in the primary IDE instead of the secondary,
its is now a slave on the primary,
and its is touching 12X so it is a good bit better but
on the other had now it spins down the odd time, to 0x,
i think its probably averaging 9-10 now, maybe i am now running into
an issue with the media not letting me get to 16X, who knows,
but definitly the IDE0 (verse) IDE1 has made a immediate difference.

-tl