Now FSF has a distribution

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 6 17:33:00 UTC 2006

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> But debian already calls it Debian GNU/Linux.
For a short while after the split it went to "Debian Linux", then after
a cooling off period reinstated the "GNU/Linux" term.

> Other than not having completely banished the firmware in the kernel, and not having denounced the non-free section, and not thinking the GNU documentation license is "free", what else could FSF have against Debian?

Those things -- maybe any one of them -- could be enough, not to mention
yet other factors which you or I may think trivial. We are, after all,
talking about an organization that even supporters would acknowledge is
known to be uncompromising.

- Evan