GPL Porn Filter

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 6 13:34:57 UTC 2006

--- Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 11/6/06, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Does anyone know a good GPL/LGPL/FLOSS network
> Porn Filter solution?
> >
> > I am setting up a network at my daughter's
> pre-school and I need to have
> > some content filtering service.
>
> I am not certain that any kind of answer really
> exists for that,
> regardless of license.

I was at a presentation last year where a proprietary
software vendor (other than MS) was talking about
their porn filter software. Yes, it does exist, but
even by their own admission isn't perfect (innocent
enough baby pictures tend to flagged as porn).

Off the top of my head I don't know of any GPL'ed
anti-Porn software, but if there is such I would be
interested in hearing about it (if on as fodder for a
future magazine article :-) ).

Colin McGregor