ot: diagnosing hardware problem on a tablet

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 6 04:16:15 UTC 2006

Do you mean that you couldn't get it to boot off USB, or that you
booted it off USB but it is still unstable?

If it's that you couldn't boot off USB, you have two options, I think.
 If you have access to the hard disk, you can get an external
enclosure, remove the disk, and install an OS on it from another
machine over USB.  Another solution would be to try to boot the tablet
over the network, but I'm unfamiliar with this, as I haven't been in
the same situation as you.  If the disk is bad, then you may want to
replace it, having installed Linux on the replacement beforehand.