Upgrading to Firefox 2.0?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 5 19:33:57 UTC 2006

On 05/11/06, Mike Kallies <mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Any patent abuses would extend beyond SuSE and into all other distros.
Actually, as I understand it, the patent abuses will bypass MSuSE and
target any linux company/ coder who hopes to make $1.00

>  The GPL and the Linux marketplace won't let MS use patents
> destructively.
The recent unholy alliance is already a destructive use of patents.
Microsoft (and New allay Novell) have basically drawn the lines of
battle and declared that anyone outside Microsoft warm indemnifying
embrace is a potential subject of litigation. This is deliberately
destructive.

> Besides, not to imply that Microsoft is not evil, but does anyone have
> any examples of Microsoft ever abusing their patent portfolio?  Or
> even Microsoft using lawsuits aggressively?
or evidence of their willingness to abuse their monopoly ?
to embrace and extinguish ?
yes.

djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org