Upgrading to Firefox 2.0?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 5 15:58:28 UTC 2006

Hugh wrote:

> 1) as far as I can tell, there isn't much reason to update from
>    1.5.0.7 to 2.0.  There are few improvements.  Some things that were
>    add-ons are now standard.

Thanks for the detailed  directions, Hugh.

The rationale is this: ebay's new web design doesn't work with the Firefox
1.5. So I wrote to ebay help desk and got this prompt reply:
If you prefer using the new form, I would suggest doing so with Internet
Explorer rather than FireFox. You'll be able to download the latest
version of Internet Explorer with the link below:

 www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

Thank you for being part of the eBay community, and have a great day.

Regards,
Samson L.
eBay Customer Support
It turns out that (a) ebay supposedly supports Firefox and (b) the
upgraded Firefox works properly with their new web pages. Also, since
Firefox holds a significant percentage of browser usage, it's dumb for
them to exclude Firefox.

Now, you can still use the old version of the ebay pages with the older
Firefox but ebay may remove that at some point.

And don't ya love it when someone gives you the finger and then tells you
to have a great day?

Having  cooled off a bit,  I will be replying to Sampson L. today.

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto