Microsoft/Novell Partnership

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 4 02:00:17 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, William O'Higgins Witteman <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Patents are the enemy of free software, and they may yet win.  I can
> easily imagine a day when I am only able to run free software behind
> hardened firewalls because it is illegal to own or run it.

I can't, it's never going to get that bad, both because writers can
work around patents and also because even the US will take notice that
their IP laws are destroying their economy (lawmakers seem to be much
better at noticing the negative aspects of disruptive change than at
noticing the positive ones, likely because negative changes make
people complain).