Microsoft/Novell Partnership

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 3 19:51:51 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:22:56PM -0500, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> > You're trying to portray languages that high school students might use
> > to learn programming as somehow unfit for real, he-man programmers.
>
> Well, the shoe fits Visual Basic.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that
have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are
mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
- Edsger Dijkstra

I hope I didn't learn too much from basic before learning to program.
Basic never did seem like a very good language at gettings things done.
Pascal was a lot better.

--
Len Sorensen