Rogers and BitTorrent: another datapoint

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 3 04:43:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 04:28:06PM -0500, Andrej Marjan wrote

> In a nutshell: running natively compiled code through a smart
> optimizing VM can make it faster than native.

  For a true apples-to-apples comparison, what about "optimizing VM"
versus optimizing compiler?  I'm talking...
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=athlon -m3dnow -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse"
and putting mmx, sse, and sse2 into "USE" (under Gentoo).

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://techsec.blog.ca