The "Net Neutrality War" comes to Canada.

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 2 22:01:55 UTC 2006

> I don't think they
> should be allowed to block data, but I do think they should be allowed
> to sell higher quality connections with ensured throughput for certain
> traffic, while everything else can just do the usual first come first
> served best effort thing it usually does with the unused bandwidth.

I think the scary thought here is the slippery slope argument. If ISPs
take active charge of various providers' traffic, who's to say they
won't hold some sites hostage for cash? How could you ever know
backroom deals weren't happening? Fact is, once it becomes okay for
ISPs to run rampant with their filters, freedom will be gone.

Aaron.