Is there a simple streaming audio (.pls) player?

Angelina Carlton brat-J4oS66wZXds at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 1 22:06:20 UTC 2006

"Sy Ali" <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On 10/28/06, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I've been a huge fan of cplay for a couple years
>
> You are my hero.  I've been looking for a decent queuing player for
> some time now.
>
> I just wish I could summon up cplay a second time, to append an item
> to the playlist..

You can do this. Lets say you have a playlist of one album. Press TAB
and you will find yourself in the filesystem, navigate to what you want
to play next (ctrl-s to incremental search, emacs style) and then press
`a' to add that folder or file to the playlist. Keep going like that
adding more songs or just hit TAB again to return to the playlist.

Most of this can be found with the `h' key for help.

Incidentally, I never liked the way cplay quits, you need to press `Q' to
quit without confirmation, and not the simpler, and faster `q'
You can alter this by editing /usr/bin/cplay and flipping the following values.

    keymap.bind('Q', app.quit, ())
    keymap.bind('q', self.command_quit, ())

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----